New Android release 1.15.4, 1.15.5

What’s new :

1. Info button with help for every widget;
  2. Added Video widget - very basic version (please note: we don’t provide streaming servers at the moment);
  3. Fixed empty LCD screen with multiple opened apps;
  4. Fixed value display bug in reading mode with BLE;
  5. Terminal now allows copy/paste text;
6 Likes

So, what does this video widget do actually? Can I turn Blynk into a security system to electrocute vilains? That would be awesome! :wink:

Yes, you can :wink:. With this widget you can stream video into app. You need to type an url for video stream in widget. It is very simple for now.

Cool, so I can attach a camera to my Pi, setup a streaming thing and stream to my App?

Exactly. For now it would be a bit geeky and hard. But at least it is possible.

Not geeky, I have started watching videos in my project and it even has a built in pause and play button in the widget (touch the video when it starts). Awesome stuff @Dmitriy

Thanks for the paste in Terminal too. Confirmed as working on my old “S3”.

1 Like

@Costas wow, you are so fast. Did you use rasp camera?

No I cheated and used currently available streams.

I do have a reasonable webcam (not Pi based) but with my WISP it might take some time to expose it to the internet. I guess it will stream locally though until i get to that stage.

Is that some public streams? We would like to add it to docs section. As I wasn’t able to found any appropriate except al djazira :slight_smile:.

You can convert every single Android smartphone into an IP Camera (@Costas’ old smartphone would work fine also), after that if you add a 2 servos for tilt and pan you would be able to see the vilians and follow their movement. :wink:

Edit:
I will add this widget to the Lego car, it will be awesome!!

2 Likes

Sent you some details to review.

Twitch in Blynk Confirmed :smile:

1 Like

If you are new to Blynk you should find this very useful. Press the little [i] box against any Widget in the Widget box for help and sample sketches.

Anything fixed with connectivity? I have problems (especially at the evening) when I open application, it shows connecting to server (and never connects), but after I logout an then login back, it works flawlessly.

sounds like a phone issue…

Do we assume iOS app - has been submitted to apple and will support same features as android ?

@pavel some time ago you asked how you might make your Blynk controlled Air Con system “spouse proof”.

YouTube are just processing a video that I made around 18 months ago and I updated it today to use with your new Video widget. You might find it interesting and you can take a sneak peak if you add the following url to a Video widget https://theCHARioT.co.uk/videos/theCHARioT.m3u8

I’ll post the YouTube link when it becomes available.

2 Likes

If you have some issues - please create separate topic with more details.

This is a video taken by a Samsung S3 of a Samsung TAB 10.1 running the Video widget of a video I created 18 moths ago. So a video of a video of a video and not as clear as it would be if it was just a video of a stream running on the TAB.

You can just about make out the aircon unit and in the actual stream you can quite clearly see it turn on and off, along with the other devices.

2 Likes