Need help on esp8266

hi, i am new in all there stuff…

i want to control my esp8266 nodmcu chip with my smartphone without any internet connection… And by using my smartphone hotspot only…

how to do this ?.. plz need help…

Will your smartphone have internet access?

For without internet.You have to host local server.

No…

but i dont want any other device… it should be just my smartphone and esp8266… no internet… only communicating ussing wifi hotspot… and no internet access…

It’s not possible.
You need internet connection on your phone.

1 Like

That is not possible with Blynk. Blynk is client-server based so you’ll always need some sort of man-in-the-middle. Blynk server handles all the traffic to<>from<>app<>hardware. Theoretically, if you could run Java on your phone you might be able to squeeze the Blynk server in there too, but I don’t think that’s been done yet.

@Abhishek_Srivastava there are systems available that can do what you want and I have tested some of them but Blynk is not designed to do this. Blynk is specifically designed to control systems OVER THE INTERNET.

I’ve been trying to get the Java software to run on my Android phone for a bit, but I’m thinking it’s impossible due to the complex nature of the server software, so for now, you need to look elsewhere if you want to achieve this.

It is called Wi-Fi Direct Connect (similar to BT). We will implemented this some day. But at the moment it is not in our roadmap.

thank you for the reply…

actually i am creating a smart bike project in which i will control my bike with my smartphone (iginition, selfstart, horn, headlight, indicators, rgb leds)…

i just want to shrink the server so that i can control my bike using only wifi hotspot… (no need of internet connection )

@Abhishek_Srivastava take a look at remoteXY until it becomes available with Blynk.

it will really be helpful.
because in india internet connection are not so reliable.

waiting for the wifi direct implementation.

it will save the phone battery life… and it is much more secure, for my project

can u send me any detail…

@Abhishek_Srivastava it is at http://remotexy.com/ and works alongside Blynk if you have internet access.

In that case you need to consider BLE. Wi-Fi is power consuming and this will be not changed in nearest future.

actually i am creating a smart bike project in which i will control my bike with my smartphone (iginition, selfstart, horn, headlight, indicators, rgb leds)…

Wi-Fi doesn’t look like correct choice here.

1 Like

thank u… i will try this…

blynk is a great app… i wish to see wifi direct connection in this…

if i switch to BLE for example hc-05 bluetooth module… do i get all the functionality in blynk app??.. and do i still need internet connection when using bluetooth??

is bluetooth is much less power consuming than wifi?

No, some functions get disabled.
Just add BLE widget on an empty (new) project, and see which widgets are left available.