Looking for assistance with Blynk + Alexa controlled Water Level in Tank

Hello House, this is my first post and i’m new to the ESP8266. My project is somewhat similar and i’ll appreciate all the help i can get. I intend using the ESP8266 with a PIC Microcontroller to automatically monitor and control liquid level in a tank. I have the code running on the PIC 18F2550 with status indication displayed on a 2x16 LCD. The project also have two buttons for Manual Start and Manual Stop commands to the 18F2550.

I desire two things:

1. Ability to control the Water Control System with the Use of Alexa and the Blynk App. I think that can be easily done by interfacing the IO Pins of the ESP8266 with the Manual Start and Stop Pins of the PIC 18F2550 and the Alexa control effected by following this post: Amazon Echo ESP8266 control, with natural speech commands
  2. I desire the raw liquid measurement using the ultrasonic and other to be exported out via the serial of the 18F2550 to the ESP8266 for visual representation of liquid level in the tank to the Blynk App and also tweets or sends a notification messages (currently being displayable on the 2x16 LCD via the PIC 18F2550) such as “…Reservoir Empty”, " Pump stopped", Inadequate Power Supply" etc.

Bottom line, i want to be able to see the liquid level on my smartphone and tell Alexa, “Switch On water pump”, when the Auto start level is yet to be reached, and also get notified of potential issues for prompt attention.

Will appreciate all the help.

@Fortknox Welcome to the Blynk Forum. As you were replying to a very old post, I have moved your issue into your own topic… tweak the title I gave it if required.

Please note that there are links at the top right of this page that will take you to the Documents, Help Center and Sketch Builder. There is also an in-forum search and you will find other similar projects here.

There are several tutorials available for using the ESP8266 as a wifi shield for Arduino. It should work the same for interfacing with the PIC. Just swap the RX and TX lines between the two, accounting for any differences in logic voltages (the ESP is 3.3v).