Issues with Blynk.setProperty for menu labels [SOLVED]

I am trying to set each menu item for a menu widget using Blynk.setProperty but I am getting an error when compiling.

no matching function for call to ‘BlynkWifi::setProperty(int, const char [7], const char [8], const char [24], const char [25], const char [14], const char [13], const char [16], const char [21], const char [20], const char [19], const char [15], const char [19], const char [18], const char [9], const char [10], const char [7], const char [15], const char [7], const char [4], const char [8], const char [9], const char [15], const char [13], const char [8], const char [10], const char [13], const char [18], const char [12])’

Blynk.setProperty(V2, "labels", "Rainbow", "Raindbow Random Glitter", "Raindbow Shifted Glitter", "Snow Twinkles","Ice Twinkles", "Snow Twinkles 2", "Fairy Light Twinkles", "Blue White Twinkles","Red White Twinkles", "Holly Twinkles", "Christmas Twinkles", "Retro C9 Twinkles","Triangle", "Triangles", "Spiral", "Spiral Palette","Juggle", "BPM", "Sinelon", "Confetti", "Christmas Tree", "Fill Up/Down", "Fill Up","Fill Down", "Fill Columns", "Fill Columns Fade", "Color Waves");

I tried doing this at the end of the setup function and also in Blynk_Connected function. What am I doing wrong or am I not able to do what I was hoping?

I see the problem now. I have more than 4 items and according to the comments in the example sketches…

//you can also use overloaded methods if you have less than 4 items

I think we recently added API set supports unlimited number of properties. @vshymanskyy should know better.

Could you try with the latest library?

Thanks for the suggestion.

After pulling latest from GitHub I can compile so that is good but when using the app on my phone I receive an error “Error processing client command.” but the menu widget does fill with the data as expected though so I am happy.
I am using local server v0.20.0

I looked through the logs and don’t see any issues either. Could it be related to the Android app itself?

Edit: Well I spoke too soon. It is only loading the first 7 menu entries instead of all 29. Where would be the best place to do Blynk.setProperty? I currently have it in setup function.

I think you need to increase buffers in library.

Up to you.

Where do I increase the buffers?

This should help http://docs.blynk.cc/#widgets-notifications-increasing-message-length-limit

Thank you. That seems to have helped but it’s not always consistent and I am still getting an error in the app saying “Error processing client command”.

Could you please post code so I could recheck?

As you can see I setup a button in the app that when pressed should populate the menu widget. It is working but as mentioned above I am still seeing an error in the app.

Thank you. It is probably Android bug. Reproduced.

Thank you for taking the time to look into it. It is working even with the error message so I am still happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

And it is already fixed :wink:. However we have no date for next update as currently testing very big update.

1 Like