IOS & Android App : not erase custom blynk server settings

Hi - @Eugene I’m using IOS V2.8.5 with local blynk server 0.22.2
I noticed that when I logout of the Blynk App and change from custom : local blynk server to Blynk public cloud server all works fine.
Then I log out of the app and then try to re-log back in and select custom and realize the previous custom (blynk server) ip address or domain name that was used has been erased. Would be really nice if the app remembered (or simply kept the last) custom local blynk server setting

2 Likes

+1 :slight_smile:

Agree. Will fix that.

@Eugene I would like to ask for one step further… the optional ability to remember password as well.

I use Android.

I guess @BlynkAndroidDev will help here for Android

it’s more a question to @Pavel

@Gunner do you often use logout from the app?

Only when I want to test/compare something on cloud server… which is less often than I would normaly, due to the hassle of typing in passwords and IP addresses :wink: I have also been working on multiple Local Sever options, and it is a pain to switch back and forth to them as well.

Agree with storing server settings, but definitely not the password.

1 Like

Even my banking apps give me the option of remembering passwords… i don’t, but at least I get the option :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Gunner my bank too and I do use the facility.

I find generally banking apps do not offer password save but they do offer a shortcut version login e.g. 4 digit PIN or in the case of IOS your fingerprint.

If Blynk switches to a pin system, then I would still like the option of saving it :stuck_out_tongue: so I can easily bounce between different servers and even accounts.

The initial sign in is always required using credentials. The app then just always stays in “signed in” state (like Blynk now). But for security reasons, they lock it and provide quick way for unlock.

Possibility to lock dashboard(s) with Passcode and optional Touch ID is in roadmap.

sound good to me.
As an IOS and Android user; and living in a world where both platforms need to be provided/supported - I’ll I’m hoping and wishing for is a time where parity is achieved in terms of features/functions/usability between both platforms and to maintain and syncronized cadence development and release cycle. :wink: [am I wishing for too much ? :wink: ]

Although sounds good, parity is not that important comparing to opportunity to use new features by thousands of users of whatever platform got those new features. But for sure we aim to make them fully interchangeable.

Hi Eugene and @BlynkAndroidDev

I am using the very latest version of both Apps but still find that my CUSTOM blynk server setting disappear if I select Blynk.

Any ideas when this is slated to be fixed ?

1 Like

Will do this [quote=“mars, post:16, topic:11631”]
CUSTOM blynk server setting disappear if I select Blynk
[/quote]

Will improve this in upcoming update.