Howto for Raspberry Pi

Same problem with Raspberry Pi B rev 2. raspbian updated. rasp firmware updated (but 3.18 same problem). last blynk version.

Andtoid app seems to find my rasp the first 5 to 10 seconds… after that, I need to restart blynk on my rasp even if it’s “Ready”

hi, i got the android app connected with the raspberry v2b and it is working. but when i close the console then the app gets disconnected. any advice will be appreciated. thank you.

well this is OK that the app closes when you close terminal… http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/4004/how-can-i-close-a-terminal-without-killing-the-command-running-in-it

Thank you very much,

as i’m new to Linux, would you please advice me which one to use and how.

$ nohup redshift &
or

$ redshift &
$ disown

Thanks again

i tried both but didn’t work. would anyone explain how to close the terminal and keep the script running.

thank you.

you may use ‘screen’ utility for that.
Install it:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install screen

Run screen command, it will open new session

screen

Run there you blynk

sudo ./blynk --token=your_token

And press Ctrl+A (it will show you nothing after pressing) and press ‘d’, this will detach you from this session and leave it running.
Now you may disconnect your ssh session, and script will continue running there.
If you want to return to that session, just run on your Raspberry

screen -r

That’s it.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, i just tried it and it worked as it should.

one more question :sweat_smile: . is there any way to auto start the script after reboot?

thank you.

did you figure it out how to use virtual ports in raspberry?

thank you?

When I try to do the git clone for blynk, I get a username.password request and then I get Auth failed… what can I do to do the git clone?

Ok, got around the problem, must have been something temporary on the blynk site…

The blynk app seems to be unresponsive at times. I start the app, have a single button on the app screen to affect a gpio pin on the pi but when I start the app, the button does not work. When it does work, it does not tell me the proper current state of the gpio. Any solution? Running on loli pop using sm-P900 samsung note pro tablet.

Searching further, part of the problem appears to be an authentication issue. What I have found is that when blynk app is non responsive, if I press that back button it asks me if I want to log out… then if I say I want to log out it gives me the option to log in… if I then log in blynk now starts responding… so there seems to be a problem when blynk starts that it may not log in properly… and it gives no warning or status… except the buttons are unresponsive. There is also an issue when a button is in switch mode that it does not properly indicate the current pi gpio state… je it always starts as off even though the gpio state is on

@ivanareede what mobile device do you have and are you using latest app version?

Pin problems! I have a raspberry +b I have the blank installed correctly I believe and it dose link to my phone (iOS) and I can use a switch and see the print out of it turning on and off but I can’t seem to get it to even light a led and I have tried every pin/setting I can change? What am I doing wrong here? Or do you think the Pi is damaged?

Please can someone explain who to use virtual ports ?

did u change raspberry name when install raspbian???
make clean all target=raspberry (target= your raspberry name)
I have change than i need to use
make clean all target=pi

Hi all, please check this one:

I’m using a samsung sm-p900 tablet with the latest OS.

I have tried it with and without the -fpermissive line, but with no luck.

I get this error:

pi@raspberrypi ~/blynk-library/linux $ make clean all target=raspberry
rm main.o BlynkDebug.o …/utility/BlynkHandlers.o blynk
rm: cannot remove main.o': No such file or directory rm: cannot removeBlynkDebug.o’: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ../utility/BlynkHandlers.o': No such file or directory rm: cannot removeblynk’: No such file or directory
Makefile:62: recipe for target ‘clean’ failed
make: [clean] Error 1 (ignored)
g++ -I …/ -I ./ -DLINUX -c -O3 -w -DRASPBERRY -fpermissive main.cpp -o main.o
In file included from main.cpp:13:0:
./BlynkApiWiringPi.h: In member function ‘void
BlynkApi::processCmd(const void*, size_t)’:
./BlynkApiWiringPi.h:40:18: error: ‘BLYNK_HW_IN’ was not declared in this scope
Makefile:68: recipe for target ‘main.o’ failed
make: *** [main.o] Error 1
pi@raspberrypi ~/blynk-library/linux $

The only suggestion I’ve seen for dealing with it is the -fpermissive thing, and it hasn’t helped here. Any idea how to get Blynk running on a Raspberry Pi?

Working on the fix…