HELP, Someone help me, i cant do the instructables on the esp8266

i am doing this project: http://www.instructables.com/id/Blynk-and-Module-ESP8266-With-Arduino-UNO/step3/Sketch/
i copied the sketch, and found out that the library was missing,
so i found a esp8266 library on this website: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/releases/tag/v0.3.8
then when i uploaded everything, my app says the arduino uno is not connected, what should i do thanks
Sincerely Gabriel

@gabrielislost are you using the ESP01 or a decent ESP?

If you are using the ESP01 the solution to your problem can probably be found on the internet including these Community pages. It might take quite a lot of work to find what you need but you might be lucky.

My tip is look at the WeMos D1 Mini / NodeMCU ($3 or $4) and try not to use it with an Arduino.

@Costas, I am using the esp01, tried many different tutorials but all didn’t work, either no files to dl, or the serial port doesn’t display , what should I do?

@gabrielislost Buy one of these

@Costas
What is the difference bwt this and the ethernet shield? Thanks

it is NOT a shield - it is a full development board = throw everything else away and only need this one.

@Dave1829 Hey Dave, can you recommend a tutorial for this ?:slight_smile: thanks
Sincerely Gabriel

what specifically is “this” you refer to? your ESP + NANO project?

you could use this: Search results for '' - Blynk Community

and type in “ESP” and “NANO” :slight_smile:

The this I was referring to is the wemos d1 pro haha, any tutorial for that?

in your quest, Google will help you more than any person will:

Hahaha ok ty lol
Thanks for helping:)

I can help you to connect esp as hardware serial for uno, nano and mega
chech which firmware is installed on your esp. If it is not v22 reflash it with v22 .there are many tools and instruction for that. once you do it I will further guide you.If you have problem reflashing let me know?
Read this thread for the detailshttp://community.blynk.cc/t/solved-failed-to-disable-echo-problem/3955

I used the four address tool and 4 bin files as recommended on this thread
important thing for reflashing make GPIO0 ground and CH_PD high .leave GPIO 2 floating .you may need to disconnect ph_d from high and reconnect to start uploading process.After reflashing remove GPIO 0 from ground and issue AT commands to connect your esp to wifi. also change baud rate to 9600.You have to leave ch_PD high for all time.

Dear Prat, thanks for your reply. i do not get the v22 reflash part? i only understand the connection of the esp-01 to arduino and my problem starts there, Dave have asked me to get the wemos d1, but since i alr have this, i might as well finish it, can you help? thanks:)
Sincerely Gabriel

are you familiar with AT commands?try to connect esp using any serial monitor like putty and issue a command AT+GMR it will show you firmware version.You can use your existing arduino as serial to USB converter by connecting reset pin of arduino to ground.

Then upload the hardware serial sketch example and change serial 1 to serial in sketch.you have to perform these steps

1. does your esp responds to AT commands if yes then check firware by AT+GRM and if it is v22 fine otherwise reflash v22.
    2.upload sketch in arduino hardware serial in example by changing aut token ssid and paaword and make serial 1 as serial .
    connect tx of esp to rx of arduino and vise versa(arduino pin 0 and 1)
  2. before that configure your esp by AT command to connect to your home wifi
  3. do not upload sketch in esp if you want to use it as shield
  4. make ch_PD high for esp.
    I am taking my first attempt to write a instructable.