HC06 RGB LED Control

Hello all,

I recently purchased and HC06 Bluetooth Module. My first Blynk project was a simple Wifi Controlled RGB LED with a Leonardo. Now, I intend to implement the same simple project via Bluetooth.

I have the HC06 Vcc pin to 3.3V, Gnd of HC06 connected to the minus of my source. I have the 3.3V TX and RX lines of the HC06 hooked to a level shifter to give me 5V signals going to my Arduino Uno in this case.

I am trying to follow the example given in the blynk app when you click on the bluetooth widget. I tried to compile my code and I get an error on the Blynk.begin line saying that there is no matching function call to Blynk.begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: I just supplied power to the HC06 earlier and hit the Bluetooth button in my project and was able to find and connect to my device according to my phone. So I really believe I just need to finish my code for the serial TX and RX.

//This program is wrote to control and RGB LED via Bluetooth
//Using HC06 Bluetooth Module and the Blynk app to control the Arduino Uno

/*Includes*/
// or Software Serial on Uno, Nano...
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleSerialBLE.h>

/*Defines*/

//IO PINS
#define RED_LED_PIN         2
#define GREEN_LED_PIN       3
#define BLUE_LED_PIN        4

#define BLYNK_PRINT DebugSerial    // Comment this out to disable prints and save space
#define BLYNK_USE_DIRECT_CONNECT

/*Prototypes*/

/*Global Variables*/
SoftwareSerial DebugSerial(8, 9); // RX, TX

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "xxx";

//*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************//

void setup()
{ 
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  pinMode(RED_LED_PIN, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(GREEN_LED_PIN, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(BLUE_LED_PIN, OUTPUT);

//Debug Console
  DebugSerial.begin(9600);

// Set console baud rate
  Serial.begin(9600);
  delay(10);

Blynk.begin(Serial,auth);
}

//*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************//

void loop() {

Blynk.run();

}

```

The exact error reads as follows:

exit status 1
no matching function for call to ‘BlynkStream::begin(Serial_&, char [33])’

To me this seems like a issue with one of my header files. Am I missing something obvious? It does not seem to be recognizing the BlynkSimpleSerialBLE.h header file because it is not orange like SoftwareSerial.h is.

I just updated my libraries to be certain and it allows me to upload the code to my Uno. The HC06 powers up and I can connect to it via the bluetooth button in the Blynk app. It does not seem to be responding to any buttons I press in the blynk app.