Hardware supported by Blynk

@BoxOfSnoo, Yes, exactly. but “ESP8266 as WiFi modem” is in the works, it is not released yet.
But running Blynk ON the ESP8266 directly is already supported.

Thanks!

Is it too soon to ask if it is going to be possible to arbitrarily assign the Arduino pins to RX/TX?

@BoxOfSnoo, we’re going to use this library for ESP8266 as modem:

It supports using Software Serial.
If you know a better library, please tell us :smile:

1 Like

@vshymanskyy, Its not good idea, because this lib support AT v0.22 version up to SDK 0.9.6. Latest SDK 1.0.1 requires ESP8266 modules with 1Mb flash and more, and have smallest free RAM. This lib, also, do not have commit for 2 last months.

NodeMCU have very small heap size with SDK 1.0.0 and above and stop develop on SDK 0.9.6 now.

Good way, IMHO, Arduino IDE. Users can easy update ESP8266 firmware and can customize it.
Also, you can see many commits and pull requests every day from many users on Arduino IDE repo on github

2 Likes

Hi there,

I was able to have the Adafruit CC3000 up and running - Yay! However, it’s crashing after 20 minutes or so. Also, the form factor of it is a bit large for this project. So I am looking to use a few RN-XV WiFly modules we have. I came across your Adapter for the WiFly: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/blob/master/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h. Is this code functional and would you recommend starting with this library to work with a RN-XV or should I start from scratch?

Thanks,

Steph

Many Blynkers report issues with CC3000 . It’s a known thing and it seems that it’s a chip problem but we continue investigating it. It just needs time.

My wish list:
Teensy LC ARM core dev board
nRF24L01+ Ultra low power 2.4GHz RF Transceiver IC

Thanks, Pavel for your response. If I wanted to attempt to get Blynk working with a rn-xv. Where would you recommend I start or should I wait for this module to be supported - I realize you all have a lot going on right now. :slight_smile:

@StephR,

Yes, I started integration of RN-XV WiFly, but yes I left it unfinished due to other tasks.
Drop me an email to volodymyr@blynk.cc, and I will send you example sketch and explain what I have already done.

Thanks!

As for our latest thread i suggest you should also add: Arduino Duemilanove.

I’t working on the UNO setting, as @vshymanskyy suggested.

Maybe a : Arduino Duemilanove (set as: Uno not as Due !) remark has to be added to.

Greeting from The Netherlands,

RadioRon.

1 Like

Any estimated date of arival for this arduino modem module?

esp8266 as modem is my dream. Any estimation time?

2 Likes

Any concrete dates on getting support for the SeeedStudio Ethernet Shield? I was really sad when I saw it wasn’t supported because I just bought it today.

@epicman57,
Just added support for this in the master branch (not released yet). Could you check it?

Suggestion : RFduino? http://www.rfduino.com

Hi all,
In the beta version (master branch on github) I added support for:

• ESP8266 as Arduino WiFi modem (running original firmware)
  • SeeedStudio Ethernet Shield V2.0 (W5200)

Please test them and give your feedback to volodymyr@blynk.cc
Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m trying to compile example for esp8266
but got this error

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Mac OS X), Плата"Arduino Uno"

sketch_jun11b:40: error: no matching function for call to 'ESP8266::ESP8266(SoftwareSerial&)'
sketch_jun11b.ino:40:22: note: candidates are:
In file included from sketch_jun11b.ino:35:0:
/Users/artem/Projects/arduino/libraries/ITEADLIB_Arduino_WeeESP8266-master/ESP8266.h:70:5: note: ESP8266::ESP8266(HardwareSerial&)
     ESP8266(HardwareSerial &uart);
     ^
/Users/artem/Projects/arduino/libraries/ITEADLIB_Arduino_WeeESP8266-master/ESP8266.h:70:5: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'SoftwareSerial' to 'HardwareSerial&'
/Users/artem/Projects/arduino/libraries/ITEADLIB_Arduino_WeeESP8266-master/ESP8266.h:45:7: note: ESP8266::ESP8266(const ESP8266&)
 class ESP8266 {
       ^
/Users/artem/Projects/arduino/libraries/ITEADLIB_Arduino_WeeESP8266-master/ESP8266.h:45:7: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'SoftwareSerial' to 'const ESP8266&'
no matching function for call to 'ESP8266::ESP8266(SoftwareSerial&)'
```

how can I fix it? Thanks

@asci,
It seems you’re not reading carefully the comments in the sketch…
You need to modify the library header file to select if you want to use Software Serial.

@vshymanskyy shame on me, thanks

2 Likes

what do i want to modify if i only want to try the simplest application?
i connected an arduino uno to an esp8266 and i just want to light LED 13 using a button.