Group 2 or more buttons together

I’m using a nodemcu and 8 channel relay module to control 5 lights and 2 fans in my drawing room.
Is there a way to group all the lights to one single button? So when I press that button all 5 light comes on at the same time instead of turning on each light separately.
I’d like to control each light separately when needed and together when necessary.

Can this be done?

1 Like

Yes. Checkout tags - Introduction - Blynk Documentation

How do I add a tag?

I have never used tags… but I tried looking them up, I could not find that Tag Widget?? Perhaps it has been superseded by Device Selector?

Regardless… when using a SINGLE device, you can either use virtual pins and code to assign groups of otherwise independent Button Widget actions to a single Button widget.

Or you can use the Eventor Widget to assign multiple actions to that single button.

Tag is within the project settings. It is used to link multiple devices within a project to one widget. For example, if you have two nodemcu boards in one project, and each is controlling a relay, you could use a tag to link these devices to a button widget and control both relays/nodemcu boards at the same time.

@Toro_Blanco Not sure if you where answering me or the OP :slight_smile: I know where device selector was and how to use it… I was just wondering about the referanced Tag Widget…

Also, this OP is using a SINGLE device with a multi relay module… so neither Device Selector or Tags are relevant to the needed answer.

PS @Amritansu It is preferred to keep all relevant postings in one topic at a time…I am merging your two separate topics together here.

I’m using a nodemcu and 8 channel relay module to control 5 lights and 2 fans in my drawing room.
Is there a way to group all the lights to one single button? So when I press that button all 5 light comes on at the same time instead of turning on each light separately.
I don’t think this feature is available in blynk yet. Please add it if possible.

I’d like to control each light separately when needed and together when necessary.
Also it’d be great if this could all be linked to my Google assistant through ifttt like single buttons can be linked right now.

This is all doable with a bit of code. You need to use virtual pins.

Can you please teach me how?

Yes, read the DOCS, Work out some examples on the Sketch Builder, and then search this forum for examples. From there you should have all the information needed to accomplish what you desire. If you get stuck along the way come back here and ask for help about the topic you are stuck on.

1 Like

Can you send me the link for these docs?

1 Like

Scroll up. top of page.

sorry I meant tags, not device selector.

it is under project settings, devices. there you will see the TAG. Once a tag is added is then becomes available under target in the widget being used (in this case a button).

I think the documentation is a bit off by calling it a widget

1 Like

Found it, thanks… for some reason I don’t think it (the tag OPTION) showed right away when adding another device (or my prescription needs work :nerd_face: <-- Most likely! )… I had to go back to devices to see it.

PS, read your 2nd user account’s topic here for what we try to help with, and do not appreciate being asked to do.

And please pick a single account to actively use or I will soon close one or the other at random.

Thanks this was very helpful. I successfully did what I intended to do. But how do I use a virtual pin in ifttt? Will this URL work?
http://188.166.206.43/AuthCode/update/V1

Instead of a digital pin I wrote virtual pin (V1)

So will this work?

I am glad that helped… Marking this topic as Solved. And keeping this account, the other has been closed.

As for using the HTTP RestfullAPI, I rarly use it myself… so I would have to search this forum and try a few examples in-order to confirm the answer to your question (quick answer… not the way you have written it)… however, I have my own projects to work on, so I will leave you with this hint…

https://community.blynk.cc/search?q=RESTful%20API

If you need further assistance with the API, please create a new topic.