Future Bluetooth support...offline?

Hi.
I’m about to start a project that neads to be offline. (it’s meant to be mobile outside WIFI and cell coverage)
I’m wondering if blynk is the right way to go.
Will bluetooth-support that you have mentioned be possible to use offline? i.e. only using the device and a smartphone without connection? If not how are your plans regaring bluetooth?

2 Likes

Hi.
Actually I see 2 cases:

1. Offline, and phone can connect to the device directly
  2. Periodically online (connecting via gateway)

The first one will take some time to integrate on the App side, but we’re definitely going to support this!

For the second case I have already a working prototype:
https://twitter.com/vshymanskyy/status/620339954019880960
This has a benefit that more services will be available, device will be still available over internet.

Thanks for your question and interest!

Sounds great. It’s the first case im looking for.

Do you have any timeline for it? Not anything precise but are we talking months or year? :smile:

@iclimb

Right now we are playing with this BT device. There is nothing complex, but we have to make more widgets first and only after that we will fully switch to BT.
So my estimation would be - 2-3 months to finish major part of widgets and we’ll be ready to start BT that will take ~1 month of development.

I want this but on esp8266! Would open up a lot of possibilities, especially for outdoor projects…

Yes we realize this. :smile:
The main problem is, it involves big App changes.
But we will definitely get to it.

Hey there!

Super pleased to hear you are working on bluetooth! Has any progress been made in the last months. Our team would really like to use blynk with the famous and inexpensive HC-05 module and an arduino. Is this to be expected soon?

Bluetooth is planned after we publish Sharing functionality. However, we will start with BLE first (mainly because of iOS issues with regular Bluetooth)

1 Like

It’s been a few months. Has the BLE development progressed?

@SouthernAtHeart no, we stuck a bit on Profile Sharing. After we finish it we will start bluetooth.

Any progress with BLE so you can start working on bluetooth soon? :smiley:

Also, if I can’t wait for regular bluetooth and decides to buy a module for BLE communication between arduino and galaxy s5, what module is recommended? HC-10? I have a HC-06 now, will that one work with the BLE arduino-galaxy s5? I’m not very experienced with bluetooth so my post may be a bit confusing
Thanks in advance

Does anyone know? ??

I think we will support both. But at the moment we don’t know which one will be implemented first.

The HC-05 and HC-06 are very similar. I have gotten the HC-05 to work with my Samsung NOTE 3. Blynk does not support it yet but you could use ardudroid (not anywhere near as good but temporary solution to test ur HC-06)

Any new news on the expected availability of bluetooth support?

BLE on finish line. Estimation 1-2 weeks

1 Like

Will it work with the HC-06?

Not in first release.

Okay, thank you for fast answer. Do you have any planned release for it?