Fail to connect to local server from WAN

I’ve done an extensive search on this forum and seen several topics concerning this but none so far has resolved my issue.

I’ve setup a local server on my rpi and connected the devices. Everything works!

However when i try to connect externally (outside of the house) to the local server it fails.

I’ve setup port forwarding from 9441 to 9443 to the local server IP. And I use the ‘my IP’ address to check what the external IP address is. I’ve entered that address together with port 9443 but I get a ‘something went wrong…’ message.

Anything that I might have overlooked?

Not sure what you are using 9441… but I use 9443 - 9443 with no issue… and NoIP.com for DNS redirection so that it works just as well inside my network as out, as some routers don’t like redirecting their public IP while inside the private network.

Also, as per - New Blynk Library v0.5.1 is Released (important for local server owners)

I have ran this command on my RPi

sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

I have no idea if that makes a difference in your case as 8080 is for the devices, not the App

I started with 9443 and that failed so I extended the range. (this concerned one of the posts on this forum but from the days the port was still 8443)

I’ve came across that several times, but that’s for the devices not the app (so I have those set up correctly)

that’s the same thing as the other link

I tried connecting externally both from in house wifi and over my phones 4G network, both failed. So that neither the issue, although I like the link, I’ll check it out.

Anything else I can do to resolve this?