External ESP8266 Configuration

After un-commenting the SPIFFS.format() line, now I am getting this for serial output (its the gibberish that outputs after reset,at a baud rate of 76800 in a serial monitor):

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7) ets_main.c
It just hangs after that, no serial output or AP startup.

I did realize that i made a modification to the example code (I said that I didn’t in the earlier post) by commenting out the Static IP config line, but it seems like that should make no difference.

I am using an ESP-07, if that makes any difference. That is all I have until some 12-E’s come in that I ordered.

This is a great library, I hope I can get it operational on my hardware. Thanks for all the help!

edit

The serial monitor data from above seems like the typical output from after a reset. But I have a serial.println before the spiffs stuff, and that doesn’t even execute.

After mulling it over this evening I’ve realized that the SPIFFS errors originated from a PEBCAC error with my compiler settings. I’ve changed the settings, and fumbled my way through a few other issues, and now I have a working sketch that prompts for SSID/PASS, and all of the Blynk settings (auth, server, and port). It connects to Blynk with the entered values, and now I can toggle my LED on and off to my heart’s content! This is so cool! Thanks so much for all your work on this tzapulica!

1 Like

hi, very cool you worked it out.
btw, there was another example with custom settings without the ip stuff

good luck

@tzapulica,

The version 0.6 worked! Everything compiles, uploads, and runs great!

On to the next issue… Everything works good on the initial boot from uploading the program, but now when I disconnect ground and cycle power it seems to get locked up somewhere. Outputs a short length of gibberish out the serial port that is most likely just the voltage coming up and then nothing. I can re-upload the program and everything works as it should as long as I don’t cycle power. Haven’t had this issue before and happens with all the examples. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

unfortunately yes, i ve just had this happen to me yesterday, there s something wrong in esp8266 land, but don t know where…
there s a ‘fix’ for it in the latest code, after 0.6, so you either move to using esp8266 rc2 staging and wifimanager from github, or you apply just that fix to your current WiFiManager lib code, it s in the latest commit

@tzapulica

Alex, your work is blowing up on Hackaday. Congratulations! :champagne::tada:

1 Like

WOW

this most be the greatest month ever :stuck_out_tongue:

first a baby now on hack a day … brilliant :smiley:

thanks for letting me know, great kick in the pants to sort it out some more

6 Likes

Congratz on both! :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats !!!

1 Like

17,4k views… just amazing ^.^

1 Like

@tzapulica Hey Alex, few days after the Hackaday article, this one showed up on Instructables:

Kudos again,
Eric

1 Like

Finally after searching for many posts in the forum and tried many example, I got this working.

It give flexibility to the device. Thanks