"SmartLED Controller" - ESP+FastLED+Blynk (Video)

You’d be right I think.
I can get through the first couple of patterns… its not until I get to bpm() and juggle() that the program seems to crash, stutter and/or disconnect from blynk.
I am using a local server with basically no flood limit.

What does Terminal show for updates per second on V5 as per your sketch?

It just shows as an int 1-999 as selected on the sldier widget.

It would output something like:

"Updates Per Second: 250"

@Jamin for local server did you change the server.properties file to remove the flood limit AND make a change in one of the header files, or just server.properties?

The update per sec var doesnt mean im sending 1-999 updates to blynk… its just how fast the FastLED.delay() is used between the sequences.

I have updated the header limit and the server properties… there are no flood limits on my local server .

What is the difference between belay() and FastLED.delay()? I couldn’t really find any documentation on it

From what I understood from it in the examples is that is a non blocking delay for FastLED functions only.

@Jamin i saw ur work at Youtube, looks Very nice.
I got 40x ws2812b, nodemcu lolin v3, and blynk app.
And have install FASTLED on Arduino 1.6.10
I want put the LEDs in a Ikea fado Light.
I have connect the LEDs to D1 and 5V to VIN and G
Wich Sketch i need to connect it with blynk, and controll the LEDs over my Smartphone?

Sorry for my Bad english, im from germany :slight_smile:

Hey Chris255,

Sounds like you have everything you need.

Good work wiring up the lights.
You have pretty much the same setup as me except i have the WS2811 LEDs… basically the same however.

Copy my code in post 3, and then use the app to scan the QR code to get the project widgets.

Update these line:

char auth[] = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
Blynk.begin(auth, "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");
FastLED.addLeds<WS2812B, DATA_PIN, GRB>(leds, NUM_LEDS);

1 Like

thanks,
i have download and copy “SimpleTimer-master” and “blynk” in the libraries
and update this line
FastLED.addLeds WS2812B, DATA_PIN, GRB>(leds, NUM_LEDS);

here must i write the auth token, right?
char auth[] = “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;
and here my ssid and pass?
Blynk.begin(auth, “xxxxxxxxxxxxxx”, “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”);

i have scan ur qr code, there stand i need more energy lol
how much energy u buy? :smiley:

Excluding any libraries for the FastLED you need 2 more libraries to run Blynk. Check the docs.

@Costas wich libraries i need?

You will learn a lot more if you read all the docs than me sending you to the link for the required libraries.

sry my english is not so good,
i dont understand what you mean, where i can find the link to the docs or the link to the required libraries??

Top of this page and every page in the Community.

@costas you mean this libraries:
~\Arduino\libraries\Blynk
~\Arduino\libraries\BlynkESP8266_Lib
~\Arduino\libraries\SimpleTimer
~\Arduino\libraries\Time
i have copy it.

@jamin how much energy u buy for the app? or gives there a other method :D?
if i connect my nodemcu with 5v i found the wlan on client devices, but the blynk app dont connecting, why hmm?

Yes they are the 4 libraries you need.

1 Like

You will also need FastLED if you are trying to control LEDs with the code posted above. It will need to be the one downloaded from here instead of the one installed with the library manager. The one directly from github is compatible with ESP8266.

1 Like

I run a local server where you can give yourself free energy.

Otherwise a $15 pack of energy should be enough.

have you managed to get the blynk basic example working first? if not then you need to learn the basics of ho to set up blynk before moving on to the led project.

1 Like

@jamin yes, i have connect my nodemcu with mini usb on pc, and a led to D1 and 3V, and uploaded the ESP8266_standalone, now if i create a button in blynk app, i can turn the led on and off, its work.

but if i upload your sketch from post 3, i have not connected blynk with my wlan.
this is my problem, but i dont know what to do
and what for is the data pin, wich number i must type? i got the data pin from the leds to D1:
define DATA_PIN 1