ESP32 teaser

Hi all…

Just take a look at this: https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32
And this: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/blob/master/examples/Boards_WiFi/ESP32/ESP32.ino

Yes, Blynk supports ESP32 already!

P.S. You can expect ESP32 dev boards to appear on the stores in several weeks.

15 Likes

Thank you very much for your work.

1 Like

Wonderful board !! I’ll try it asap.

Hi I am getting some errors after downloading 3.10 and then updating the delta from github.

Any suggestions?

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\espressif\esp32\cores\esp32/Arduino.h:52:0,
                 from sketch\ESP32.ino.cpp:1:
Blynk/BlynkDebug.h: In function 'void blynk_dbg_print(const char*, ...)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\espressif\esp32\cores\esp32/WString.h:39:53: error: 'PSTR' was not declared in this scope
 #define F(string_literal) (FPSTR(PSTR(string_literal)))
                                                     ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\espressif\esp32\cores\esp32/WString.h:38:76: note: in definition of macro 'FPSTR'
 #define FPSTR(pstr_pointer) (reinterpret_cast<const __FlashStringHelper *>(pstr_pointer))
                                                                            ^
 Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkDebug.h:170:31: note: in expansion of macro 'F'
             BLYNK_PRINT.print(F("] "));
                               ^
In file included from  Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp32.h:21:0,
                 from  espBlynk\ESP32\ESP32.ino:31:
 Blynk\src/BlynkApiArduino.h: In member function 'void BlynkApi<Proto>::processCmd(const void*, size_t)':
 Blynk\src/BlynkApiArduino.h:161:31: error: there are no arguments to 'analogRead' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'analogRead' must be available [-fpermissive]
         rsp.add(analogRead(pin));
                               ^
 Blynk\src/BlynkApiArduino.h:161:31: note: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
 Blynk\src/BlynkApiArduino.h:172:36: error: there are no arguments to 'analogWrite' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'analogWrite' must be available [-fpermissive]
         analogWrite(pin, it.asInt());
                                    ^
 Blynk\src/BlynkApiArduino.h: In instantiation of 'void BlynkApi<Proto>::processCmd(const void*, size_t) [with Proto = BlynkProtocol<BlynkArduinoClientGen<Client> >; size_t = unsigned int]':
 Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h:299:9:   required from 'bool BlynkProtocol<Transp>::processInput() [with Transp = BlynkArduinoClientGen<Client>]'
 Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h:127:31:   required from 'bool BlynkProtocol<Transp>::run(bool) [with Transp = BlynkArduinoClientGen<Client>]'
 espBlynk\ESP32\ESP32.ino:50:13:   required from here
 Blynk\src/BlynkApiArduino.h:161:31: error: 'analogRead' was not declared in this scope
         rsp.add(analogRead(pin));
                               ^
 Blynk\src/BlynkApiArduino.h:172:36: error: 'analogWrite' was not declared in this scope
         analogWrite(pin, it.asInt());

Hello. Did you remove previously installed Blynk library be for copying new one?

This was fresh setup for Arduino, i did a library install of 3.10 via Ardunio and also a git clone outside of that. I compared both dir and moved the missing files over. I did have to remove the standard wifi library as it complained about dual wifi.h for example.

I don’t have a lot of time invested in this Arduino setup. I could remove it and redo it from scratch if you think there is any benefit to it.

Why, just remove old library and get the one from master…
Probably you now have several copies of libraries.

No I only had one. I am going to remove what I have and download github zip file of latest Blynk Library. I will report back here what the result is.

Edit: After the clean up and reinstall of the zip file from github latest it compiles cleanly. :slight_smile:
Edit2: Working like a charm :smiley: Thanks guys!!

Do you use the esp32 with a breakout board? Which one do you have?

Hi I used the Espressif Dev-C board - also available from Adafruit when in stock.

Does it work now?

Hi I think you missed my edit above - Working like a charm Thanks guys!!

1 Like

So programming the esp32 dev-c from adafruit can be done with arduino ide? And using the wemos d1 r2 to connect it with my computer as serial converter? (I don’t have a 3,3v serial ftdi)

Yes if you follow the instructions on the esp32.com forums or github repo. The esp32-dev-c has an on board usb to serial converter. I happen to also use a Particle Programmer board as well as I was also experimenting with jtag. .

hi!

can somebody please help, how to use blynk library with sparkfun esp32 thing?
i see that i can choose “esp32 dev board” in hardware list in the blynk app. but apparently there’s no sketch in the examples folder for esp32 in the arduino ide…

i would like to use this board with ble connection to android + blynk app. anybody has any experience with this setup?
thanks!

There is an example for wifi.

oh, i see. and there are any plans to implement ble?

Ble is supported, but not with Esp32 yet.

Edit: it is now…

1 Like

yes, i know is supported for other modules :slight_smile: but i mean regarding the esp32… there are any schedule?

No, currently there’s no schedule, but it will be supported at some point