Esp-output board offered

Hi community,

We (at panStamp) are looking for people interested in showcasing projects for our new ESP8266 6-relay board with Blynk. The creation of some kind of tutorial with graphic resources would be preferable. We will ship a free esp-output board fully assembled in exchange.

Anyone interested please send me a PM. Limited amount of free boards available.

Daniel Berenguer

4 Likes

Btw, you can create a pull request if you want your board to be added to Blynk apps.

@vshymanskyy can help

Hi Pavel,

Regarding the pull request, do we need to write a custom blynk-compatible application or it’s simply a matter of declaring IO’s on a static xml file or similar?

Exactly. See GitHub - blynkkk/boards: List of boards supported by Blynk platform

Thanks Dmitry.

BTW, this offer has just expired. We have now enough volunteers to run the tests. Demo boards will be shipped ASAP.

1 Like

Dmitriy, I’m not allowed to push my new branch to your git repo (error 403). Should you give me permission for that?

@estratos you need to send changes via Pull Request. More info - https://help.github.com/articles/about-pull-requests/

Hi D,

From what i can tell, these relay boards are based on standard ESP8266 so it should be supported already.

I’m interested in the PanStamp NRG and boards that run on 430 - 873mhz range, if we could get them supported in Blynk (without bridging through a MQTT broker) it would open a range of long distance monitoring solutions.

Kind Regards
B

Hi Bob,

Yes, I know that any board based on the ESP8266 is already supported by Blynk but having a custom json file will offer the six relay outputs to the user and will hide the rest of pins.

Some months ago I was thinking about the best way to integrate panStamp into Blink. I’m still hesitant since I don’t know how Blynk has been evolving since then. I’d say that the best way to hook our low-power wireless devices to Blynk is by bridging Blynk to Liberiot. The new Liberiot gateway, based on a ESP8266, will be available for sale very soon.

Otherwise we have lagarto. It’s a local application (Raspberry Pi) and it’s written in Python so I guess a bridge could be developed for Blynk. In any case, I consider MQTT the best way to integrate between M2M applications nowadays. We stopped the IP connectivity problems when we moved to MQTT and have been very happy since then. We have dozens of Liberiot gateways (ESP8266) running MQTT (PubSubClient for Arduino) for months without a minor issue. It’s simply fantastic. If Blynk could support MQTT then people could use Blynk to control an unlimited list of M2M hardware and software, including panStamps.