Disconnection Caused by For Cycle

@wanek that’s right the “Arduino ESP core” is for the ESP and has no effect when using an Arduino, even with an ESP shield.

2.4.0-rc2 will only show an improvement over 2.3.0 when the ESP is used in standalone mode.

1 Like

ok, so @Giorjevic, it is clear now?
it is very important to make this clear!

Yes now I have it more clear.

So the timeout problems still persist if a retry running the same code , right?

unfortunately, yes. did you have any serious reason to use arduino + ethernet for this project?

for esp at least you have ready made and tested code by jamin. just use it…

Not so serious reasons but just to have a complete project.

My dream is to complete the project using all the code made for the different function that use FastLED library but at the moment it’s not possible because of Blynk timing.

I know that’s not a Blynk bug/issue/problem but the reason of Blynk timeout is the incompatibility between FastLED timing and Blynk timing.

I want also to specify that if want to run very simply LED function Blynk works fine for example if I want to change only the color to all led I don’t perform timeout.I tested it using a zeRGB Widget and works fine.
It works well also for very simple functin like snake effect.

In my case effect functions are a bit more complicated and them takes more than 1000ms to be executed and this is why I perform timeout

I don’t know if in the nearly future Blynk timeout can be longer than 500ms so my dream could be true :rofl:

Actually this will be an issue with any online connected application, as the process of staying online can be so critical with timing.

Solutions are very advanced coding or alternative methods like a dedicated MCU running some time consuming task while getting it’s “instructions” via I2C, Serial, etc. from a “master” IoT connected MCU.

@Gunner so what would be my next steps??

I am here to learn and to study I ask to know not just to open my mouth or move my finger on a keyboard.

I would be grateful if you’ll show me the way to master.

I would recommend what I suggested… run your LED control on a basic Arduino, physically linked by I2C or even serial to an ESP that orchestrates everything else… you make a pattern choice in the App, that gets processed on the ESP, it sends simple case switch option to Arduino, Arduino changes pattern and does it’s job without timing issues.

Look at this library…

I haven’t tested it on ESP yet, but it should work… otherwise just send simple one or two character codes across with “DIY” code… I know Google has tons of ways to simply cross connect serial data between Arduinos that will work between ESPs and Arduinos as well.