DFrobot bluno with Blynk

Hello fellow Blynkers

I just finished a nice robot which I control via WiFi and ESP8266. Now I want to do this via Bluetooth and so I think of buying a Bluno of DFRobot. I see everywhere that Blynk supports this board but when I search the boards in my app (just updated it) I see no Bluno? Does anyone know what board to choose?

Cheers
Dennis

Find a BLE widget and connect through it.

Hi Pavel tnx but I meant 1 step before when you create the app on your smartphone which board do I choose? Just generic? DFrobot bluno is not present as an option…

You can choose a generic one for sure.
@vshymanskyy, do we have plans for adding DFrobot bluno ?

Tnx!

It’s just like Arduino UNO

Hi vhymanskyy

I just received my DFrobot bluno and want to start with it. In the App I already understood from this post above that I can take a generic board and use a BLE widget to connect.
But from the example sketches, the Bluetooth boards, here there is also no Bluno present. So which sketch should I use as a starting point?

Best regards
Dennis van Elteren

oops forget my post, there is a sketch exactly for the Bluno sorry…

1 Like

Hi Blynkers

Question. When I have a project using Bluetooth, BLE in this case, am I then only locally connected? What I mean is do I need a server (blynk or local) to make this work or can I just take my robot and control it via bluetooth with my smartphone?

I hope this is the case, this is why I migrated to bluetooth so I do not need a network connection first via the internet or LAN

@Dennis_van_Elteren

wondering the same thing, any luck?

@Sonny_Doan FYI, this is an older topic, and wasn’t your question already answered on your own topic? Please keep all relevant issues in one place, thanks.

But short answer (based on my experience) is that current BT/BLE is a direct-to-hardware link and does not use a server for that link… however the App and Project still requires a server login to work, so not a trully server free setup. And many widgets will not work due the lack of server anyhow, so not an easy thing to switch back and forth between connection options and still keep things working properly.

I personally don’t see a completely serverless App <-- BT/BLE–> Hardware option being on Blynk’s IoT roadmap, as that is already done ad nauseum, via many differing apps. Blynk is better than that :stuck_out_tongue:

But who knows what the Developers might do in time to better merge the BT/BLE option into the Blynk IoT fold :wink: