Create Blynk server in cloud

awesome - when comparing with Wemos mini Pro I would assume the Pi is a winner ? Would be good to get your opinion.

@mars both products are awesome but they are very different and it depends on the project you are building.

As this post is in the local Blynk server category then the Pi would be the clear winner as it’s simply not possible to use a WeMos as a Blynk server.

The WeMos is probably the best product currently on the market for a beginner to control devices via the internet using Blynk’s cloud server. It’s a plug and play device using Arduino so very straightforward, at an excellent price.

For me there will probably only ever by one “Pi” and everything else is just a clone like the “Orange Linux box”. I have less than average experience with Linux and I am wary about buying the clones as they are simply not the same. The day before the W was released I was looking seriously again at the clones but I’m glad I didn’t get around to ordering any.

Our personal requirement is for the Pi’s to have HDMI so the W’s are just what we need but HDMI is not required for Blynk. Also if you are looking to purchase several “servers” then the clones possibly make sense as you have to hunt around for the W’s and pay a separate delivery cost for each one.

Over time it is possible that the Foundation might produce enough W’s to remove the 1 per customer rule but at “$10” for a “fully” functional Linux computer it’s going to remain popular for quite some time.

thanks for sharing your thoughts. Provide some further perspective for me :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: I have VPS and install Blynk Server but I can’t connect from App