Can't logon to local server with iOS APP

@modicon1 Hello. do you have account on local sever? Did you put correct IP of server?

Yes I have an account and have used the setup before with my server ip and port 8443

Any ideas here Dmitriy?

@modicon1 not sure. I just wondering. How did you create account while you can’t login? As registering requires connection to server.

I have been using Blynk from the beginning, It use to work fine using a local server and iOS app. Now I have done all the updates it won’t recognise my logon credentials. I know I can probably re-register but then I will loose my project.

Are you sure you did restart server? Please make sure you running latest version. Please show me your server logs too.

Yes I have all the latest versions - downloaded and ran server-0.17.2.jar today. I used the batch file you provided to run the .jar and it confirms that the script is running.

My server directory id C:/Blynk/Server and the .jar file is in that directory. This setup was working fine in the past. I obtained the server local ip 192.168.1.64 using ipconfig and used that with port 8443 in the iOS app setup.

Here is my latest blynk.log:

07:44:55.741 INFO - Using data dir '\path’
07:44:55.886 INFO - Region : local
07:44:56.550 INFO - Initializing mail transport. Username : example@gmail.com. SMTP host : smtp.gmail.com:587
07:44:57.722 INFO - Plain tcp/ip hardware server port 8442.
07:44:57.722 WARN - ATTENTION. Certificate C:\Blynk\Server and key C:\Blynk\Server paths not valid. Using embedded certs. This is not secure. Please replace it with your own certs.
07:44:58.192 INFO - SSL hardware port 8441.
07:44:58.324 WARN - ATTENTION. Server certificate paths cert : ‘C:\Blynk\Server’, key : ‘C:\Blynk\Server’ - not valid. Using embedded server certs and one way ssl. This is not secure. Please replace it with your own certs.
07:44:58.809 INFO - Application server port 8443.
07:44:58.979 INFO - HTTP API port 8080.
07:44:58.994 WARN - ATTENTION. Certificate C:\Blynk\Server and key C:\Blynk\Server paths not valid. Using embedded certs. This is not secure. Please replace it with your own certs.
07:44:59.270 INFO - HTTPS API port 9443.
07:44:59.279 WARN - ATTENTION. Certificate C:\Blynk\Server and key C:\Blynk\Server paths not valid. Using embedded certs. This is not secure. Please replace it with your own certs.
07:44:59.477 INFO - HTTPS admin UI port 7443.
07:44:59.479 INFO - Web Sockets port 8082.
07:44:59.480 WARN - ATTENTION. Certificate C:\Blynk\Server and key C:\Blynk\Server paths not valid. Using embedded certs. This is not secure. Please replace it with your own certs.
07:44:59.680 INFO - Web SSL Sockets port 8081.
07:44:59.696 INFO - Mqtt hardware server port 8440.
07:45:10.109 ERROR - User not registered. Username ‘gary@azureseas.ca’, /192.168.1.65:61631
07:45:38.743 WARN - User not logged. /192.168.1.73:6961. Closing.
07:46:49.246 WARN - User not logged. /192.168.1.73:6975. Closing.
07:48:59.751 WARN - User not logged. /192.168.1.73:7001. Closing.
07:51:20.261 WARN - User not logged. /192.168.1.73:7029. Closing.
07:52:00.893 WARN - User not logged. /192.168.1.73:7037. Closing.
07:52:12.700 INFO - POST : /resetPassword
07:53:11.284 WARN - User not logged. /192.168.1.73:7051. Closing.
07:55:06.773 WARN - User not logged. /192.168.1.73:7074. Closing.
07:56:52.286 WARN - User not logged. /192.168.1.73:7095. Closing.

Hope this helps

Also if I try to reset password from iOS app it says my email does not exist in your database. I am not receiving notifications when you respond to this forum either.

The forum database is not linked to the separate app database.

1 Like

Yeap. @Costas is right. Look like you are using wrong account.

Yes, I realise they are different accounts. I was just pointing out another problem.

How could the app account have changed just by updating software. Please read back over the information I have given you so far and try and give me a constructive response.

As I noted above… I tried resetting my password but it said it did not have my email address in it’s database. How could it lose my email address just by updating??? Where is the database held? Is it in local server? Where is the password held?

Help please Dmitriy??

@modicon1 what is happening when some people update their local servers is that they are mixing up their dataFolders, me included.

In simple terms, before the server update they were starting the server (Windows format) with:

java -jar server-0.17.0.jar -dataFolder C:\path\A

and after the server update next they are inadvertently starting the server (Windows format) with:

java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder C:\path\B

Most Blynkers are not intentionally changing from A to B, but some might if they want a fresh start.
So it is probable you have moved from A to B and you have to find A on your system to restore your login details and projects.

Unless you have deleted them they should still be on your system.
If you are sure of the email address you used initially try searching your whole system for u_[email_address].user to locate directory “A” (replace [email_address] with your email address).

When you run java with directory “B” the server will start just fine, but it now has a new, empty, dataset.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response Costas.

I think you are on to something. After the update I used for the first time Dmitriy’s batch files as follows:

@echo off
echo Starting Blynk Server…
echo Your working directory is=%~dp0
cd /D %~dp0
java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder /path
IF /I “%ERRORLEVEL%” NEQ “0” (
** ECHO Server failed to started**
)
echo Server started successfully…

This would have placed the data folder in the same path as the server .jar.

When I had previously started the Server I just double clicked the .jar file and I’m not sure where this would have placed the Datafolder.

Any ideas on where the datafolder might have gone when I just double clicked the .jar file?

@modicon1 it depends where the jar file was on your system before the upgrade. If you know where it was (is) then the dataset will probably be in a subdirectory of this location and called Blynk with inner directories.

I would try to search your system as advised in my last post.

I can’t find it with a Windows search. I found 1 [email address].log file in a download folder but no [email address].user files anywhere.

This is my folder structure from the first day I installed the local server…

As you can see, my email address is a folder under the DATA folder and it contains a bunch of old .bin files.

@modicon1 I was going to say it is probably in your download directory if you simply downloaded the jar and double clicked on it.

Give me a minute to think about this.

Thanks Costas. I really appreciate you taking the time.

Did you search for u_[emailaddress].user or just [emailaddress].user as it needs to be the former unless you are doing a wildcard search?

You call also search for “Blynk” but if it is like my sytem you could have a lot of Blynk directories and I don’t think Blynk would necessarily be created by double clicking the jar file.

“data” directory should be created though so you could try a search for that.

I searched using u_[emailaddress].user but got nothing. Also got nothing searching for Data.

I tried copying the whole \logs folder from the download folder to the \Blynk\Server folder but I need to stop and restart the server. How can I do that.