Calling Blynk.run when using Bluetooth module HC-06

I’ve made projects previously using the 8266 wifi module and I’m familiar with trying to have as little code as possible in the void loop so as not to prolong the time between calls to Blynk.run and also not using delay() function. Do the same rules apply to Bluetooth communication? How long can I go between calls to Blynk.run when using Bluetooth? It obviously needs to talk to server to check Authentication code, but is there actually any communication to the server after that or is it all just between the phone and the hardware?

Yes, the App still needs internet connection… at least at the start. As for the usual issues of Server Disconnection… It may not be as related as when using the normal WiFi/network App <–> Server <–> Device, but there is still the Blynk link between App <–> Device that needs to be constantly maintained, as well and any other "housekeeping’ tasks that Blynk.run() handles: http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-firmware-connection-management-blynkrun

So I would still recommend following the same “rules”. Also I believe BLE/BT is still in a Beta level, so reliability may still be an issue regardless.

Thanks Gunner.

So it sounds like I still need to call Blynk.run at least every 8-10 seconds. My arduino is performing digital LED patterns that I’m trying not to interrupt and have pauses in the light patterns when Blynk.run is doing housekeeping.

The Arduino may be a bit slower, but you would be amazed how little of any delay there is in Blynk.Run()… it is unlikely to be your bottleneck.