BME280 i2c connection issues

Hello, I have seen your frustration with Blynk and the BME280 and particle. I was trying to get BME280 at i2c to work with blynk. I was hoping that you could provide a bit more detail as to the wiring and your app. I am not certain why this is so much trouble for me… Thanks

Please don’t tag onto older posts (6 months) with “Me too” type issues, particularly when the solution was provided (removal/reduction of delays in main loop) . If that solution t didn’t work for you then you have other issues that need to be dealt with. I have moved your issue to your own topic.

Please add more information describing the “trouble” you are having and what you have already tried… and perhaps posting your code. Thank you.

Sure. But the delay () wasnt the answer. I was hoping the guy would post more detail. Ill be more specific in the other

BME280, blynk i2C and particle. Don’t appear in full detail as best as I can tell. It looks to me like the author quit his first attempt wherein he offered bitcoins as bounty…

Nope! Just figured it out.

I don’t know what help I would be more than following existing wiring diagrams, I am using the adafruit BME280 in i2C with their library in particle.

1 Like

Did you use i2c addressing? If so do you use BLYNK_READ(0) to tell blink to look at D0? It has to be 0, no? if you had a second bme280 (0x76), how do you tell Blink which pin to look to?

With a dht11, the code ‘dht22 4’ outputs to D4, so BLYNK_READ(4)works. I don’t how to direct output of the bme280 to a specific pin so BLYNK can find it.

I think I termed this correctly. I’m very noob.

Thanks

Blynk commands like this are for reading and writing virtual pin data to app widgets:

http://help.blynk.cc/blynk-basics/what-is-virtual-pins

Not physical pins… You use normal Arduino commands for that:

@Dohdoh Please start reading through these references as that is the best way to start to learn Blynk.

http://help.blynk.cc/

I use more than a single photon for the second BME280, I have the need to have seperate sources in completely seperate rooms, so it’s easier for me to just have completely seperate units, its only $40 more anyways to remove that headache to just build extras.

To put it all in one blynk project I use BANKS of Virtual Pins, So for one Device it has Bank 20-29, another has bank 30-39, another 40-49 and so on.

It is a little more tedious to keep track of code and what’s what, but if you comment out well and leave yourself notes for what is what, you should be fine.

Here is a github link for an older more simple version of my project as it were, I think it might help you.