Blynk video streaming success!

incorrect

I have an old Android and it works fine. You need to spend time working out the best settings but most of it was done for you in the videos.

Please answer my questions.

Dear sir i tried almost 3 time didnā€™t worked
My freind from india @saurabh47 also troed didnā€™t successed

I havenā€™t wiffi connection.
Therefore i had tried by creating hotspot on one device(RTSP app) and blynk app on another device.

Questions for you @scientist1995

Video quality is important for my project
Thats my final year project
Im automating entire college office with blynk
And i want footage of camera on blynk app
I hope you got the answer
That why a bit concerned with video streaming haha

Try to pay attention.

Audio?

1 Like

Audio is not important sir!!!

The reason some people donā€™t get video streaming to work is that they donā€™t pay attention when they read threads or watch videos. Some tiny steps are vital and if they are just skipped then it all goes to pot.

I asked about audio because I took receipt of a very nice H264 from the Far East a few days ago and it struggles with Blynk because of the audio stream rather than the more complex video stream. Audio is not important within our project and I suspect the same applies for other Blynkers who merely want to have ā€œliveā€ moving pictures of some event rather than video with sound.

In the last hour I have managed to get the H264 camera to stream to Blynk on a very cheap Android Alcatel onetouch smartphone. The phone is running Android 4.4.2 and the cost new was around $35.

I have 2 Samsung Android devices that cost perhaps $300 to $500 when new and they run similar Android versions but currently they will not accept the stream in Blynk. One Samsung has Android 4.4.4 and the other has 4.2.2 so as you will see they are quite old and the Android versions are either side of the Alcatel phone that does work.

Now getting the Alcatel to accept the stream in Blynk didnā€™t happen by chance and I have spent many man days working with video since the widget was introduced a few months ago. This has involved working with $3 USB webcams (no good for Blynk without adding extra hardware), Android cameras and the H264 camera.

I suspect one of the Samsungā€™s is simply running out of memory when it tries to play the video stream in Blynk as the phone is crammed full of applications, many of which insist on running in the background despite serious efforts to stop them. In the coming days I will check with a friend who has the same phone, but less background apps, to see if it works for them.

@scientist1995 what are the make and model of your cameras?

there is an app called Live-Reporter availiable for both Androids and Ios.Works fine and gives out rstp format totally compatible with blynk.very easy no port configurations or anything. anyone tried that?

1 Like

@Polikarpos did you register with livingscoop.com as the links I have tried for them look very suspect?

Maybe I picked the wrong app, is it this one for Live Reporter https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.livingscoop.streamer because I notice there is also a Reporter Live.

Ah, maybe itā€™s this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kzkysdjpn.live_reporter

yes its the second from Kazuki Yoshida Japan

i wonder if there is a way to see the stream outside the local network but without youtube liveā€¦are you familiar with wowza or is there another way?

Hi sadmafioso: I followed the instructions in you video to configure RSP Server on an HTC One. The Blynk is installed on a Lenovo Yoga tab. When I start the Blynk on the tab, the RSP gets a connection notification. But the streaming video widget in Blynk only show a video play buton, when I press the play button, nothing happens. I tried to change the configuration options e.g. by changing resolution, frame rate etc. But on settings where RSP starts without error, same situation remains in Blynk. I have installed the latest Blynk app from store. I have it on iphon 6 too but, streaming widget is not available there.
Can you/someone guide me whatā€™s wrong.

Do you wait some time (up to 30s) after you press play button? Also try to disable audio in the streaming app.

Also search some working stream url and first try it in blynk widget. Only after you get video stream displayed, continue with your local setup

thank you very much for the reply. Yes, I waited for some time before pressing the play button in the streaming video widget. When I disable the audio by checking off the option ā€˜enable microphoneā€™ in RSP, the Blynk app running on the Lenovo tab shows message on running ā€˜no video stream availableā€™ and RSP doesnā€™t show a connection notification.
Can you please put some link here for running a working stream url in blynk widget guide. I searched but did not find some.

look here:

try links that start with rtsp://

@sadmafioso Hi, I accessed the video stream from an Huawai Honor 8 instead of Lenovo Yoga tab and its working like a charm !! Thank you very much for the nice video about how configure this all :slight_smile:

i finally got it working using the following tools.

1. Live reporter app gives rtsp URL compatible with blynk streaming widget
    1)dynamic dns server registration( i used no-ip)
    2)router configuration
    a)connect with the dynamic dns server using the username password and alias-ip they provide)
    b) port forward the ip camera (android or ios running live reporter)

after doing all these correctly, use the URL rtsp://alias-ip:8554 g.e instead of live reporters rtsp URl and u can access the ip camera outside your local network.actually this is the way ip cameras are configured.
only one question for anyone that has a clueā€¦streaming stops after 30sec- 1minā€¦is this normal?
i must refresh the widget to get another 30sec and so on
plz let me know if anyone tries that way

1 Like