Blynk+Esp8266+Arduino UNO

@Costas @Lichtsignaal
C:\Users\george\Documents\Arduino\bl_commu\bl_commu.ino:33:25: fatal error: ESP8266_Lib.h: No such file or directory

#include <ESP8266_Lib.h>

Please provide the link to the library!!!

@george you didn’t install the libraries correctly. There are now 5 “Blynk” libraries that have to be installed manually and not through Arduino IDE Boards manager.

See here for details https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/releases/tag/v0.3.10

I did warn you back in post 10 that you were likely to see this, now the fun starts.

There are posts on this site about “echo” but basically it means you have a problem.
Could be badly wired circuit so it is worth you checking this.

The other two major reasons for this error is a problem with the different baud rates and the wrong firmware on the ESP.

Let us all look for decent “echo” answers.

As @Costas says, it could be a firmware issue. The only way to check if you have the correct firmware is to hook up the ESP Tx/Rx lines to a serial port and directly check with AT commands to see if that is the case.

Bad wiring is easily enough troubleshooted. Did you hook up both CH_PD and VCC to 3.3v?

Ys!
Vcci is directly connected to 3.3v and chpd via a 10k resistor!!!
How do i check the firmware !!
As i am a newbie didnt understand what you said …

Can you explain!!!

@george at least you have a pretty decent ESP rather than the limited ESP-01 but if you buy any more I would recommend an ESP board with a USB port.

How are you powering the ESP as there is not normally enough power to run an ESP from an Arduino?
You can generally flash new firmware to an ESP with the power from an Arduino but once it has flashed it is normally constantly tripping out due to lack of power.

Here is an “echo” thread and one I used when I first got started with Blynk. I soon realised ESP’s as WiFi shields for Arduino’s was not for me and only use ESP’s in standalone mode these days: [SOLVED] “Failed to disable echo” PROBLEM

Perhaps give us all progress reports as you go along.

E.G.

1. Wiring circuit checked including pins mentioned by @Lichtsignaal
  2. Power provided to ESP checked as OK
  3. Baud rates checked as OK
  4. Firmware on ESP checked as Ok
    etc

@costas @Lichtsignaal @psoro @Pavel

1. Wirings checked!
    2.Powering esp from a 3.3v regulator!
  2. baud rates as mentioned on the code you posted

Dont know to check firmware(need a tutorial or explanation)
Esp8266 do not light up(WHY?)

Good News!
The competition is extended to Wednesday! :smiley: as I contacted my teachers(they thanked all of you for helping me out! :kissing_heart:)

Please help me Out As fst as possible!!

I want to be something in Life and consider this as a starting,and BLYNK as a opportunity so I dont wish to turn back :relaxed:

In hope of Sucess
Little brother George! :blush:

The firmware check needs to be done with the ESP connected directly to a serial port on your computer. Since it’s a 3.3v device it cannot be connected to an onboard serial port! These are 5v and will likely blow it up. You need a 3.3v compliant USB-to-Serial adapter to safely connect it, but I don’t think there’s time enough to arrange for that.

If the wiring is correct it may be you need to switch Rx/Tx pins (including voltage divider of course for Rx on the ESP board).

didnt understand! (*noob friendly)
Sorry i am a newbie! :disappointed_relieved:

The failed to disable echo message could be (emphasis on could) an indication you switch Tx and Rx wires. Can you try switching them and see what happens? Don’t forget about the voltage divider/resistor.

@Lichtsignaal an you send me a diagram(fritzing) …
Sorry, I didnt understand! :disappointed_relieved:

@george if you are pretty sure that you have all the connections correct I would try:

Change #define ESP8266_BAUD 9600 to #define ESP8266_BAUD 115200

if that doesn’t fix the “echo” try:

Change #define ESP8266_BAUD 9600 to #define ESP8266_BAUD 74880

Let us know what Serial Monitor gives with these changes.

@Costas @Lichtsignaal @psoro @psoro
No change!!:cry:

baud 115200
serial moniter (9600) : [1536] Failed to disable Echo
(115200): €€€€€€€€€

Same results on all other baud rates!!!
Why is the esp8266 not lighting???No lights!

What abt chaging rx-tx mentioned by@ Lightsignal???
(but didnt understand what he said abt resistors, Can you give me the schematics(fritzing ))

Don’t change the baud in Serial Monitor. Leave that at 9600 just change the #define statements for the ESP baud rate.

I did the same !!!
@Costas

What abt chaging rx-tx mentioned by@ Lichtsignal???
(but didnt understand what he said abt resistors, Can you give me the schematics(fritzing ))

Why is the esp8266 not lighting???No lights!

The blue LED on the ESP is normally off. It is on when it is making a WiFi connection, sending / receiving data or if you set a specific pin LOW (ESP LED’s are normally active LOW).

What should i do @Costas ???
I need a solution faast!!!
Please…Please help me out!!!:cry:

Can you do something by using my pc via teamviewer ???

is there something done (in software)???

@george the sketch below is just for testing. Try it and report all LED activity on ESP and Serial Monitor details.

//  EspSerialTest.ino by Costas 10th Oct 2016
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial    // Comment this out to disable prints and save space
#include <ESP8266_Lib.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h>

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>  // SW Serial on Uno, Nano etc
SoftwareSerial EspSerial(2, 3); // RX, TX

#define ESP8266_BAUD 9600  // Your ESP8266 baud rate

ESP8266 wifi(&EspSerial);

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);  // Serial Monitor baud rate
  delay(10);
  EspSerial.begin(ESP8266_BAUD);  // Set ESP8266 baud rate
  delay(10);
  //Blynk.begin(auth, wifi, ssid, pass);
}

void loop()
{
  //Blynk.run();
  EspSerial.println("AT+RST");
  if(EspSerial.find("OK")){
    Serial.println("ESP baud rate is OK");
  }
  else{
    Serial.println("ESP baud rate ERROR");    
  } 
  delay(1500); 
}

Again for ESP8266_BAUD 9600 also try 74880 and 115200.

@george actually I notice from your original post that you do have the basic ESP-01. I was confused by the EX reference.

You are looking to set up a Weather Monitor.

Some people fix the “echo” problem in a few hours and for others it can take a few weeks. Also the problem can reappear if you don’t get to the bottom of why it occurred in the first place.

Another solution that I have used is to change from Arduino with ESP as WiFi shield (by far the most problematic connection type) to ESP with Arduino shield.

In the picture above the board in the middle is an Arduino Nano (with Uno bootloader) and the one on the right is a decent ESP. The connections are pretty much the same as when you use the ESP as a shield including the voltage divider just before the pin you choose for RX on the ESP. It is all done with SoftwareSerial on both devices. Basically the Blynk project is set up as the very reliable ESP Standalone and you send data to and from the Arduino.

It is not an ideal solution but it does normally get around the “echo” issue.

The following 2 threads on the Arduino forum show how you can decode data sent along Serial lines from one device to another. Example 3 is the system we have used many times over the years.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=225329.msg1810764#msg1810764

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=396450.msg2727727#msg2727727

2 Likes