Blynk Board (ESP8266) and Android App won't connect

I’ve been experiencing complete failure for my android app to connect to my blynk board…

The app is stuck at Connecting to BlynkMe-(4 Letter Code)

I have an unsecured WiFi and my board is displaying the 4 letter code with the onboard LED.

I’ve tried everything, my app is currently up to date.

Can anyone help? I’ve wasted a good 2/3 hours so far trying every combination and no dice.

Many thanks,
Aaron

Hello.

You mean without any password?

Maybe you need to reflash it with regular Blynk firmware?
http://examples.blynk.cc - choose your board

Well I first tried configuring myself an unsecure (PSK disabled) network to aid connection, this approach did work in the past but I just can’t get the app to connect the board.

So I found a guide suggesting to me:

1. Connect to the wireless network created by the board it self via PC
  2. Go to IP address and input my secure network credentials
  3. Still keeps reverting back to the colour code, it flashed blue first attempt, blue then green then colour code second attempt

I was trying to avoid getting my arduino involved as it’s tied up another project, I guess I can if it’s the only way for it to work now

Aaron, providing more information than perhaps needed when seeking help is always better than less…

As a rule of thumb, write down your

• hardware in detail
  • questions
  • the code you fail with, properly formatted for forums.

It helps a lot to when you provide everything so as not to get stuck in a QA for the first 10 responses…
I myself would at the moment not know where to start helping instead would start a QA which I’ve come to dislike…

Just get it all out there. :slight_smile:

Hardware : Blynk Board ESP8266, Samsung S6, Windows 10 Dev Machine

Questions: Why does the blynk app and board not connect. I’ve also tried using PC connected to the boards WiFi to get it connected to my home network.

Code: I have non, it just not connecting to my network, from various methods described

Current conclusion: My board is fault? It has worked once, it was fairly cumbersome and not pain free, but with the same hardware everywhere.

EDIT: I’ll add home network details

Home network - Virgin Media router - apologies but ISPs seem hell bent on providing uncommon routers

Tried guest network with no PSK security
Tried home network, with only 2.4G turned on

Debugging lights - Two scenarios happen, I unfortunately have no explanation or rationale as to what the difference is between the two.

• Flash blue

• Flash purple/magenta

• Flash blue

• Flash colour code

Edit more details

• Everything has been power cycled, blynk board, router, PC, phone, app

What I want to do

• Plug board in to PC using USB
  • Us app to scan QR code, choose the board and using app hand over my secure network credentials
  • it should then connect to my wifi and I can then start my actual project

— this is all achievable right?

Check this link if you haven’t already:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/getting-started-with-the-sparkfun-blynk-board/troubleshooting

Have you tried option2, setting it up via USB?