Blynk App Background Color Hex Code?

Yes, but that ONLY writes the text value to the widget Vx pin. (which is better than the LCD display), but still not staisfcatory (for me :wink:

I want to write . . .

/pin/ in the same widget . . .

I’m getting greedy, I know. I an experimenting with sprintf() now to see if I can get my text and int in the same string . . .

There is still a basic inconsistency with the Blynk Docs - the setPropety() label does NOT change the label as they show in the docs, it changes the small widget descriptor in the top left corner. It may not seem like much, but support documents must be 100% accurate, especially for naming conventions.

No big deal, I’ve learnt a LOT today (and re-remembered twice as much!).

The more I play with Arduino and Blynk, the more I remember the more powerful it gets!

To add to my joy I’m doing this manually flashing a standalone ESP chip . . . which I only sorted last week . . .

cul
billd

That is the label :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You are referring to the specific part of a the Labeled Display called LABEL (all caps)… that is the one that appears meant for codeless use, and anything it can do can be done by code… which since you are sending values to it anyhow, well, customise it first.

1 Like

Yes, 100% resolved.

As I’ve discovered . . .I can send text, int, float, whatever, but not a combination . . . i’m experimenting with sprintf() to see if I can create the string I want and send that.
cul
billd

I know that know . . .label <> LABEL . . .just a bit confusing . . .perhaps a different choice of descriptor? Aanyway all good, my beer is old, I have lots and have learnt a lot!

:beer::beer::beer:

That is the key… since everything set is apparently strings anyhow, just make up/combine your own and virtualWrite() it

For example this is how I format my nicely formatted clock (thanks to @Costas for showing this to me)…

sprintf(currentTime, "%02d:%02d:%02d", hour(), minute(), second());
Blynk.virtualWrite(V12, "\xE2\x8F\xB3", currentTime);  // Send time to Display Widget

The funny text at the beginning of the virtualWrite() value is the hourglass, I actually change it every second so that it looks like it is filling & emptying in the App. The label was manually inserted.

image image

1 Like

Yes, sprintf() or classic string constructor code is the way to go.

Pete.

Wonderful icon. Where do you get these sequences for the cool hourglass? Where can we get more details of other icons that can be similarly written out?

Edit: googled it. Thx. Learned great stuff.

This works on the Tinkercad online Arduino simulator (I’m at work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), prints the string I want to serial monitor. Will test with my Blynk project this afternoon.

int canQty = 39;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  char buffer [50];
  sprintf (buffer, "Whoo Hoo, I have %d cans left!", canQty);
  Serial.println(buffer);
  delay(1000);
}

cul
billd

Came across a site UTF8 ICONS https://www.utf8icons.com/ Has the icons, dingbats and everything else.

@mohan_sundaram your link seems dead?

This is one I posted in another topic, linked further up. It is a historical page, but shows the Bytes (UTF-8) of which I have had a better result with then Unicode

1 Like

It is unfortunate that we can’t change labeled value background color !
:wink:

It can be done under commercial license: blynk.io/plans

not for me.
so i will continue to use LCD widget.:joy:
thank you Pavel

That’s an easy fix😂

Video_2018-04-08_101302

we can do anything with this widget except the coffee , what else ?
:joy::joy::joy:

I still want a 20x4 version :wink:

oh yes!!
with background color property !!

1 Like

The 16x2 has that already, so just a matter of stretching it out a bit (so says the non-developer) :wink:

yes sorry I want to say background value widget properties!!!
I’m not awake
:joy::joy::joy: