BLE Widget not selectable

Hello: I had an app for an RC blimp using the BLE widget working fine on iOS and rather slow but usable on Android.
I should have been happy with that.
After updating Blynk it didn’t work in Android anymore, but still worked in iOS.
Again I should have been happy with that.
Silly me, I removed the BLE widget, thinking adding it to the app again might help.
Turns out the BLE widget is not “active” to add to the app anymore, so I can no longer rebuild the app and my project turned useless, both in Android and iOS.

Please, can the BLE widget be made available again, even as it is an imperfect Beta version? Please as soon as possible?

Thanks

It means that your Android device doesn’t support BLE communication

It does, It did just before the update. I can still link to it in settings, but not in Blynk
So did my iOS device, but I can not add the BLE widget again
In iOS, in the selection list with widgets, it even says “installed”, but the BLE icon is gray and can not be added.
Obviously I have plenty of 'energy" available.

@masynmachien please make sure you don’t have BLE widget already installed across all you projects

Eugene, Pavel,

Thank you for the very fast responses.
In the meanwhile it was night over here, so it took me some time to comeback on it.

There are no BLE or bluetooth widgets in the app or in any other app of mine.

In iOS the BLE widget in the widget box is grayed out and mentions “installed” (but it is not in the app screen)
I also noticed that in the device screen, since the update, the combination of Arduino nano and Wifi is mentionned, where I built the app before the update with Arduino uno and bluetooth. So this changed by itself, with the update.

In Android the BLE widget in the widget box is also grayed out, but reads “no BLE device” and again it is not in the app screen (same goes for Bluetooth, I have both to test on Android, but I was using BLE). My device has BLE and Bluetooth capabilities, it worked before the update.
Strangely enough in Android the device screen switched to Arduino nano and Ethernet.

Maybe these differences are a clue.

Adding devices with a combination Arduino + Bluetooth does not make it possible to add the BLE or Bluetooth Widget.

Thanks

If iOS app widget box says “Installed” this means it detects an installed widget somewhere across your projects. (only one BLE project is supported at the moment).
To make sure this is not some sort of local cache issue, please try to remove and install app from the App Store and then login to your account.
If this doesn’t help, please go to About screen and send me your logs.

Yes! That worked for iOS!
Many thanks foor the good and swift help.

I will check if i get things right on Android too this wau, as soon as i get back home tonight.

In Android no succes yet.
When scanning in Blynk, the BLE module is found as HMSoft, but connection fails, again and again.
Removing and reinstalling Blynk does not bring any change.

I would like to send my log files, but cannot find any.

Thanks

To add BLE/Bluetooth widget again to the project - you need to create a new additional device with BLE/Bluetooth connection type and attach BLE/BL widget to it and all the widgets you want to work through BLE/BL.

If this would not help you - I could create additional build with logging to see what happens on your device.

Hi, found some time to come back on the Android version and got it working.
However I can not get the same app working both in iOS and Android, like I used to.
I need to rebuild the app, with a new token, each time I switch from iOS to Android to get it working. However, reserving one operating system for each project is acceptable.

looking at the monitor, what jumps out is that sending when the joystick commands to the arduino it is constantly connecting. Is that normal?

/ _ )/ /_ _____ / /__
/ _ / / // / _ / '/
/
//_, /////_
/
__/ v0.4.3 on Arduino Uno

[20] Connecting…
[6020] Connecting…
[12005] Ready
[12051] Connecting…
[18051] Connecting…
[24051] Connecting…
[30051] Connecting…
[30819] Ready
[44925] Connecting…
[45152] Connecting…
[45417] Connecting…
[45423] Connecting…
[45434] Connecting…
[45479] Connecting…
[45756] Connecting…
[46237] Connecting…
[46240] Connecting…
[46627] Connecting…
[46705] Connecting…
[46711] Connecting…
[46770] Connecting…
[47125] Connecting…
[47190] Connecting…
[47191] Connecting…
[47212] Connecting…
[47223] Connecting…
[47229] Connecting…

Good day Pavel

I am having a similar issue: I am running Blynk on my android device (tested on android lollipop as well as nougat) and im unable to select the BLE widget as it is grayed out. I know my device is compatible because i was able to setup a connection via a bluetooth terminal app and my phone successfully pairs with the bluetooth module. How do i resolve this issue?

Solved

Found a possible solution to my problem: