Amazon Echo ESP8266 control, with natural speech commands

Hello sir thank u for explaining
Now I can add it to me bartender the austomated one
Coz u asked me how did I use echo to order the drink I was using ifttt
Now I can use ur code with out echo saying TRIGGER
THANK U AGAIN

@dananmo Hmm… so you won’t have to say “trigger” anymore, but won’t the wording still be awkward? Since Alexa thinks these are WeMo switches, she’s still expecting “on” or “off” as part of the command. Is “Alexa, turn on a martini” better than “trigger a martini?”

Hmm that’s right
It’s the same I think Alexa trigger or Alexa turn on
i tried to creat skill in the AWS web but it’s confusing
I’ll try again see if I can get it to work with photon particle

No “search new devices”. Must say “discover device” :slight_smile:

I have tried over the RPI, uploaded code to ESP 8266 01 without problems. On the fake Wemo made configuration of WiFi. All ok, but Alex can not find smart device. Damage

either way it works on fakewemo or genuine. You have to specify port number or else Alexa won’t find.

Can you tell me how to do it ??
Thank you

Check your wifi to see if FakeWemo is still there. If FakeWemo is still visible among your local wifi access points, the credentials did not work properly, and need to be re-entered.

Fakewemo appears in the beginning, after I configure my wireless network on pop up then fake Wemo disappears. I checked the router and there I see that it is connected. But not under the name of FakeWemo, but a different name. Much like esp when connected

you have to connect both fake wemo and Alexa to same wifi.

Yes of course.
I have a feeling that something needs to be done on the RPI. Given that this is not the original amazon echo. But only alexa service at RPI. I do not know. I’m new at this and still investigating. You may not work because I do not live in the area where the alexa supported. But Alex at my works, with little difficulty, but works

just ask, should there be Sonoff or can be nodemcu ??

@Mediax where does the RPI fit into all this?

It can be any ESP8266 device. The pinouts will be different, depending on your device, but that’s about it.

There may be connection anomalies when using the RPI. I’ve only connected my own fake wemo devices to the Echo and Echo Dot.

I think he’s using an RPI-based Echo emulator. Amazon released the code to make your own Echo a few months ago, but it’s not exactly the same as the commercial product.

1 Like

I agree with @chrome1000

Anyone using the RPI Amazon Echo emulator?
Any pros and cons?

code is loaded but before loading begins, writes this:

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Arduino\libraries\esp8266-alexa-wemo-emulator-master\src\WemoManager.cpp:72:24: warning: character constant too long for its type [enabled by default]
if(request.indexOf(‘M-SEARCH’) > 0) {

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Arduino\libraries\esp8266-alexa-wemo-emulator-master\src\WemoManager.cpp:72:34: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type [-Woverflow]
if(request.indexOf(‘M-SEARCH’) > 0) {

Maybe there’s a catch why not work ??

hello sir
i was able to change the command instead of Turn on/off to what ever u want .
i went to the library and open the file then go to WemoSwitch.cpp open the file and search for Turn on or Turn off there u can change it
i changed it with Make Me
so i can say alexa make me Vodka instead of Alexa turn on
and it works fine
try it and let me know if it works for u too thanks

1 Like

u need to got o Src open the file then to WemoSwitch.cpp