All done but "board is offline" on app

Hi guys
i installed blynk local server, and was able to connect to it using blynk app, then i modified the code and upload it into my arduino mega connected to esp8266, the board is connected to wifi successfully (shown on serial monitor). but when i want to use the app to contol the mega “arduino mega is offline” appears, why is that happening? i was very tired to make the application connect to the server and the esp to the wifi, this is so frustrating. Please help

Hello. Message is pretty clear. Your hardware not connect to Blynk. You need to start from hardware side. From Debug output - http://docs.blynk.cc/#troubleshooting-enable-debug - please post result here if it tells you nothing.

Have same problem, but with public Blynk server. (TinyDuino Wifi)
I can ping the TinyDuino at 193.168.16.50
I can ping blynk-cloud.com
Get connected to service

[17158] Looking for blynk-cloud.com
[17244] Connecting to 45.55.96.146
[17469] Ready (ping: 119ms).
Hello, CC3000!

App is the simple “Button” app used in “getting started”, so no overflowing data, etc…

“New Device is Offline” happens immediately or within a few second (4-5). Simple sketches e.g. “test state of a switch” run for a few moments.

Does the button works? Do you have only one device in your settings? Did you added correct auth token to your sketch?

Hi Dmitry
Thanks for your reply
Serial monitor shows the following before and after enable debug (no change) :
[19] Blynk v0.3.8 on Arduino Mega
[520] Connecting to default
[3547] AT version:0.21.0.0
SDK version:0.9.5
[6596] +CIFSR:STAIP,“192.168.1.7”
+CIFSR:STAMAC,“18:fe:34:8c:02:d0”
[6612] Connected to WiFi

Old version, we are up to 0.4.4 now. Worth manually updating your libraries and see how you go.

Hi Costas
ubdate to 0.4.4:
Serial Monitor:
[19]
___ __ __
/ _ )/ /_ _____ / /__
/ _ / / // / _ / '/
/
//_, /////_
/
__/ v0.4.4 on Arduino Mega

[104] Free RAM: 7306
[626] Connecting to default
[3652] AT version:0.21.0.0
SDK version:0.9.5
[6711] +CIFSR:STAIP,“192.168.1.7”
+CIFSR:STAMAC,“18:fe:34:8c:02:d0”
[6717] Connected to WiFi

App:

Thank you guys my problem is solved, it was because of ip address, since IPAddress(xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx) did not work, i changed it to “xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx”, this was wrong, it should be “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” (use dots instead of commas).
regards

1 Like

Setting IPAddress with dots won’t compile in Arduino IDE.
Commas are fine with it.

Blynk doesn’t require an IPAddress data type. Much more straightforward to use the every day notation of an IP address with dots not commas and use something like:

char someIPaddress[] = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx";

Thanks but I couldn’t make it work with char.
Maybe I’m missing something.

@zi-26t

char someIPaddress[] = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx";

and in setup()

Blynk.begin(auth, someIPaddress);